Thursday 18 February 2016

Adding A Little Sparkle With Southern Giirls

This fortnight over at Southern Girls Challenge our theme is Sparkle.
I made this layout, along with two others (go me), at our monthly Otane Scrap Crop.


I used a plain white cardstock base and sprayed it with some Heidi Swapp sprays then layered my papers on top.  The paper are from the "Dream in Color" collection from Websters Pages.
I fussy cut the flowers in the corners on the left hand side from a paper from the same collection.
I inked the edges of my papers to make them blend together a little better using a hero arts ink pad in "splash"  .  The sequins are from Spiegel Mom Scraps and the flowers and journal card are from a kit from Random Kits and Pieces.

Thanks for dropping by and be sure to check out the challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Love this page- my fav colors are pink and blue : ) Love the DP that frames this pic with the blue background. Your embellishments are fun too. Yeah for you- that is great you got so much done at the crop- I love to walk around and see what everyone is up to at Crops : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely page to remember, and I'm sure the kidlets were glad they gave Zoe a change at survival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou your girlie is so delish! I love that beautiful layout! Your inky touches and the pretty decoupage blooms are so fabulous on this layout. Oh to live closer! I so just wanna hang out and watch you put one of these together! So inspiring hun. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always admire people who fussy cut! I am terrible at it! Your layout is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely page indeed. Love all the new techniques with the paint sprayed background and all the raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wonderful colors pulled from your daughter's rosy cheeks and her sweet sweater make for a stunning layout, Lou! What beautiful, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet picture... and fabulous layout! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am loving this layout! The picture, itself, is adorable; but the way you showcased it is amazing. Perfect color matching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet, Louise! Wonderful page and a little cutie to make a great focal point! The colors are so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love everything about this.. When I see pages like this it really makes me want to get my act together and start scrapbooking my two boys... I absolutely love your L/O.. Hugs (from your (slack) fellow SGC DT member.. Alethea xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. I love your layering.

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...