Sunday 3 January 2016

Whoopin It Up With Some Yellow

3 in a row - I am on a roll ;)
After yesterday's dark and sombre layout I am back to my colourful self with this layout

Here is the challenge image...

I used scraps from my scrap draw, I am using up some of them before I cut up some new sheets as they were getting out of control.
I misted the background with Mister Hueys over a Studio Calico stencil then once it was dry added my layered photo.  On the layers I inked the edges of each piece of paper with Squeezed Lemon distress ink.
The chippy and brad are both Echo Park from a summer collection called Summer Bliss by Lori Whitlock released last year or the year before maybe?
The flair is from my stash and the ribbon and sequins are from SpiegelMom Scrap shop.
The Alphas are Thickers.

Hope you enjoy my layout, let me know what you think.
Lou

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lou! Welcome to our CCCM blog group! Happy 2016! What an incredible and delightful scrapbook pages you've created -s o bright and cheerful! So many elements and a beauty - glad you joined us and looking forward to your future creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Lou, your layout is absolutely gorgeous! So very creative and a memory-keeper, for sure!

    I'm glad to be part of the Creative Card Makin' Chicks blog group with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bright cheerful colors are so perfect for this great water fun photo! Beautiful scrapbooking, Lou! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy bright page, love your take on the challenge. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous, love the bright cheery colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not always reach for yellows in my work, but love how they look- this is so cheery and sunny- love the spritzed background in yellow. Loving your fun beach and flower embellishments. Wishing you many blessings in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. January is the perfect time to scrapbook sunshine yellow!! I'm over the endless white and grey of winter. To counteract it, I undecorated the tree (but left the lights) and just left it up. A little color and warmth ;) Love your layout. Makes me want to go play with bright cheery papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea there were scrap book challenges...I've always focused on card challenges. It makes perfect sense, though. Why wouldn't there be?

    You did a great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful! Love the background textures! Thanks for joining in with the 123 challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoon, inky deliciousness! Love the way you've put together this scrap page. Just wanna come hang out at yours, with coffee and cake and learn how it's all done! Love it hun. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...