Saturday 2 January 2016

New Year = More Scrapping!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!
The start of a New Year brings resolutions and this year mine is to scrap more.
Last year I think I did 2 layouts - holy moly batman - not great.
SOOOO  this year is about crafting productively.
I may even get back into PL, but that may not happen as I always forget to take photos everyday and then things just get a little boring.  Also we have no life LOL - well we do but we live in the country and don't "go" places.
It could be a PL full of photos of mine and the kidlets crafting, now that would be exciting.

I have made a great start to the year and completed 3 layouts in the last week, so I know technically 2 were before New Years but I am patting myself on the back anyway.

My latest layout, which I did this morning, is for the csi color stories inspiration major challenge for January.

The colours were a NIGHTMARE for me but I got there eventually.

Here is my "ROCK CHICK" layout

The hardest colour was the burgundy, I have NOTHING burgundy in my stash so ended up gessoing the frame and painting it with brown and red H2Os and inking up the hessian hearts and star and veneer with some SU ink.
Also chocolate brown isn't a fave either.  I will probably end up rescrapping the photo for Jodie's own album in more girly colours down the track.

I may have a rather gruesome layout in a few days as my oldest son is staying at his Nana & Pop's and has been shooting rabbits with a bow and arrow.
He is saving them for me to take a photo of so tomorrow when I pick him him up so you can all look forward to that LOL.

Catch you up soon
Lou

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Lou to our Creative Chicks blogging group! You're a digital scrapper! I'm a traditional scrapper although I haven't made a page in years. So now I just focus on cards. This layout is gorgeous! I'm a fan of layered textures, and you nailed it on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I were just talking about how we need to get back into scrapbooking. At least, I should try to organize some photos.
    I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom and I were just talking about how we need to get back into scrapbooking. At least, I should try to organize some photos.
    I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome, Lou! I love every perfectly picked and placed embellishment on this amazing layout! What stunning work!! How can Jodie not love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this sweet pic of your rock chick!! Utterly gorgeous layout hun and the sweetest subject matter. I LOVE this layout. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...