Saturday 14 January 2012

Fun with Modge Podge

I have had another busy week with it being the School Holidays but I have still managed to sneak away and get a few things made to ease my crafting bug.  Although with my SIL's birthday in a week or so I had the perfect excuse.  She loves pink and pale green so the new collection from KaiserCraft "Lil Primrose" is just perfect for her.  I have been harping on at her that she needs to start sending me her pictures as she draws adorable little animals and gorgeous flowers and I think they would make fabulous digital stamps, so give her a little motivation I have made her an Art Journal to put them in.  Once she has a few together I will get her organised to get them into files and start her an etsy shop.

Firstly here is her Birthday card......
I have used a selection of papers from the Lil Primrose 6x6 paper pad, cute frilled Gingham ribbon, prima innocence 2 flower, oval spellbinder nesties, distress ink and a KaiserCraft Lil Primrose stamp all available from Artfull Crafts.
The chipboard is some I won from Kellie's Blog when she was doing a 12 Days Of Christmas giveaway, and the other flowers are from my stash.  I coloured the image with prisma pencils.

I am entering this card in the following challenges...
Annabelle Stamps - Anything Goes
Cardmakin Mamas - Happy New Year
Crafty Catz Weekly challenge - Use Something New
Polkadoodles - Vintage/Retro



Now the Art Journal......
Again I used papers from the Lil Primrose 6x6 Pad.  I fussy cut some flowers from one of the sheets on both the art journal and the card. I used Glimmermist  on the lovely Prima resist canvas (teapot and butterfly), I cut out the label and the word "CREATE" on my cricut. there is 1/4 of a container of modge podge on here too, which is why the project took days instead of a few hours as I had to wait for layers to dry before moving onto the next one.

I am entering my art journal in the following challenges.....
Frosted Designs - Paint
Delicious Doodles - All things new
Fairytale Challenge blog - all things new
Simply Create too - Layers

Well that's me for now, hope you found a little inspiration. xox


21 comments:

  1. Your card and journal are out of this world - so beautiful! Love all the wonderful flowers on here and just everything else. SO creative.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Create Journal--your SIL will love it---so pretty--I love it too. Glad you joined us for our Challenge #4 "Layers, Layers, and More Layers" at Simply Create Too Challenge Blog. Looking forward to your entries in our upcoming challenges.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! Love them both.. so girly! Cant wait to see what SIL draws

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers just really make the projects come to life! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I love the colours you've used and the pretty embellishments!

    Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh super, super pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, thanks for joining in with our SOMETHING NEW challenge at CRAFTY CATZ, good luck x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Card and journal are so pretty with lovely details1

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your work is beautiful but I am really loving that journal! The butterfly and teapot are fabulous! Thanks for taking on our paint challenge at Frosted Designs!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card and journal!!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow love your card that image is gorgeous and the whole card design is just fabulous. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are soooo pretty!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card and journal.
    Thanks for joining the fun on Polka Doodles and good luck.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful creations. Sooo pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very pretty and feminine! I love the teapot! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful work you have done...Love it!!!

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs. I hope that you enjoyed the challenge

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous creations! Thank you for sharing with us at Polka Doodles this week.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  18. First I am looking at your gorgeous card and intently reading all of the details, then I scroll down and see your Art Journal page- LOVE both- Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for playing along at Polka Doodles in the vintage/retro challenge. Both your creations are wonderful - just lovely! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles chalenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Louise *waving* Beautiful card and art journal!! Thanks for playing with us at Polka Doodles!!

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...